Why We Oppose It
Some Reasons many Murder Victims Family Members Oppose the Death penalty:
- Violates ethical, moral, and/or religious beliefs.
- Complicates grieving and interferes with healing.
- Costs too much.
- Fails as a deterrent to violence.
- Risks executing an innocent person “in our names.”
- Tainted by racial bias in its application.
- Applied with geographical arbitrariness.
- Applied disproportionately to people who are economically disadvantaged.
- Applied to people with severe mental illness
« Back to Death Penalty Resources